This weekend, grab a bowl of popcorn, pop in Citizen Architect and park it on the couch for a couple hours – you won’t regret it.
Citizen Architect is a documentary film on the late architect Samuel Mockbee and the radical educational design/build program known as the Rural Studio.
Hale County, Alabama is home to some of the most impoverished communities in the United States. It is also home to Auburn University’s Rural Studio, one of the most prolific and inspirational design-build outreach programs ever established. Citizen Architect is a documentary film chronicling the late Samuel Mockbee, artist, architect, educator and founder of the Rural Studio.
Citizen Architect explores Mockbee’s effort to provide students with an experience that forever inspires them to consider how they can use their skills to better their communities. Revealing the philosophy and heart behind the Rural Studio, the documentary is guided by passionate, frank and never-before-seen interviews with Mockbee himself.
- zigiantelsarkaouiarchitecture likes this
- officefordesignoperations reblogged this from so-aware
- peacefulsandwicheating likes this
- colourteal reblogged this from epicenter
- epicenter reblogged this from so-aware and added:
- les-and-moore likes this
- biasedcontent reblogged this from so-aware
- m-m-f likes this
- luxuryaccommodations likes this
- so-aware posted this