by Toby McInnes
An estimated 157 million people were affected by natural disasters as of 2008. Globally it was estimated that 9 million refugees and over 25 million people were displaced due to 20 major conflicts raging around the world. A tsunami in 2004, the Pakistan earth quake 2005, 2006’s Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans 2006, and millions of climate change refugees over the horizon.
Current response mechanisms employed around the world are hap-hazard and often ill equipped for the scenario at hand.
‘Bedu’ emergency response pack proposes a quickly erectable rapid response, cross cultural, multi climate, solution that works within existing logistic models.
- coffeeandblueprints reblogged this from edificecomplex
- dreamsforyesterday likes this
- makeanx likes this
- boundlessusa likes this
- edificecomplex reblogged this from so-aware
- changterhune likes this
- eternal-tanelorn reblogged this from so-aware
- luxuryaccommodations likes this
- basestudio reblogged this from so-aware
- so-aware posted this